Modern home appliances have become an integral part of our everyday lives. For many, it is impossible to even imagine living without an iron, a microwave, a dryer – or even air conditioning – any more. Household appliances are here to serve us, and are usually serving us so well, that they are often taken for granted.
However, household appliances can sometimes be dangerous! No, your toaster is not plotting to kill you, but accidents involving various household appliances can – and do – happen!
That’s why your home appliances need to be taken care of regularly lg appliance repair pasadena. A regular maintenance will ensure that they stay in good and safe working order. It will usually be enough to simply follow the manufacturer’s directions – and some common sense too! For instance, when cleaning an appliance, the appliance must be unplugged, and it must never be immersed in the water entirely.
When a household appliance stops working properly, call an appliance repair service. Taking a do-it-yourself route is usually not a good idea.
Never attempt to repair a microwave oven by yourself! There is a microwave part called the high voltage capacitor, which can store a potentially lethal dose of electricity. Yes, even after the microwave has been unplugged, thousands of volts remain stored in its electrical parts. You could accidentally electrocute yourself! Older TV sets also have electric parts that can hold a charge even after they’ve been unplugged.
A clothes dryer could easily start a fire! Its venting system can get clogged by lint, heat up, and cause a fire that spreads quickly! Consisting of hair, cotton, and other fibers, lint buildup is surprisingly inflammable. If you still have a white vinyl venting, replace it with an aluminum equivalent as soon as possible.
A modern fridge is perhaps the most dangerous household appliance. According to the London fire brigade, the increased amount of plastic and inflammable insulation used in the latest models causes large fires with toxic fumes that spread quickly. The problem lies in the unfortunate fact that the parts of an appliance where a fire can start are not separated from the inflammable parts. Fires can be caused by light bulbs that stay on even when the door is closed, overheated control boards, or a short-circuit in fridge’s electronic components.
Therefore, if your fridge hasn’t been functioning properly lately, and it starts making strange noises, call the manufacturer or an appliance repair service immediately.